DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Purple Dress for Felicity

Another UFO completed. I started this purple dress as a Christmas present for one of my granddaughters. My first plan was to make a black velvet dress for one and this purple dress for the other. Then changed my mind and did two black velvet dresses (avoiding a possible conflict). One dress was trimmed in silver and the other gold. This way they can tell the dresses apart. I finished this little purple dress last evening and am displaying it on my Felicity doll. Both the black velvet and purple dresses were made from recycled formals bought for $1.00 at Goodwill's Dollar Days.

Felicity was a thrift store find a few years ago. Price $2.98. She was complete with her original outfit. She is one of the older dolls from American Girl. Over the years I have found a number of American Girl items at the thrift stores. Some have been given to the granddaughters and some I keep here at home in the girl's playroom. They love to dress the dolls while visiting Mema. My husband found the American Girl trunk for free. The girls store the doll's clothing in the trunk.

When they were four, each girl received an new American Girl doll for Christmas from Mema and Papa. One has Marisol and the other Josephina.

This project met two of my goals for the year: recycle and finish UFOs.

1 comment:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a very interesting blog! I'm a doll lover and like the dress you made for Felicity!

Happy New Year!

Katherine